If you are a high-frequency commenter and have ever researched into blog commenting as a marketing strategy, you have likely come across businesses offering blog commenting as a service.
This is quickly becoming big business – so big in fact, that a recent Google search for “Blog Commenting Services” yielded a little over 77-million results.
It sounds like everyone is catching on doesn’t it?
I suppose the true litmus test would be to read some of the comments that these services offer. For me, that’s a straight line to my blog to read the comments pending approval – here are some of the best ones that came in last month.
- “Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I truly enjoyed reading it, you will be a great author. I will make certain to bookmark your blog and will come back very soon. I want to encourage one to continue your great writing, have a nice morning!”
- “What’s up, all is going perfectly here and of course every one is sharing facts, that’s really fine, keep up writing.”
- “What’s up to every single one, it’s really a good for me to go to see this web page, it consists of priceless Information.”
- “Ahaa, its fastidious dialogue concerning this post here at this website, I have read all that, so now me also commenting at this place.”
- “Howdy! I simply wish to give an enormous thumbs up for the nice data you might have here on this post. I might be coming back to your blog for extra soon.”
- “One more web link structure means is through social networks, which is beginning to greatly impact on ranks in search engines. A lot of firms will certainly not have social networks web pages as usually most would not take into consideration exactly how efficient having a social networks existence can easily be.”
- “I really like what you guys tend to be up too. This type of clever work and exposure! Keep up the excellent works guys I’ve added you guys to my blogroll.”
- “Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful info specially the last part :) I care for such information a lot. I was looking for his particular information for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.”
- “I read this piece of writing completely regarding the difference of hottest and preceding technologies, it’s awesome article.”
- “Hi to every one, since I am in fact eager of reading this web site’s post to be updated regularly. It contains good stuff.”
Not what you were expecting was it?
As it turns out – blog commenting is rife with spam! While I cannot for certain point to any of these comments as having come from low-quality blog commenting services, each of these shared common traits suggesting that they did: single commenter posting multiple nonsensical responses, often using multiple personas and email addresses, profiles are backlinking to a sales-intensive website, profiles lack detail (optimization), didn’t use an image within their profile, and their use of the english language indicates their free translation tool is miserably failing them.
So is there really a marketing value in commenting on blogs?
There sure is – and to that end, here are my top 6 tips for blog commenting that can spread some SEO awesomesauce for both the blog writer and commentator.
- Be sincere – if you are commenting on a blog post for the sole purpose of getting some SEO juice for your business, you’re doing it for the wrong reason.
- Make sure you have a fully optimized profile on the blogging platform you are commenting on (including your name, business name, address, phone number, website URL, and a picture of yourself – no egg-head bio pictures).
- Make sure you are commenting on a blog that has a higher PR value than your website or the blog listed in your profile if you are looking for the mutual benefit of a SEO boost.
- Make sure your Author Rank code is verified.
- If you intend to drop a link into your reply – be certain it is of substantial value and not just a cheap plug.
- Be sincere (did I mention that already?)
Practicing safe blog commenting is sure to be mutually beneficial for blogger and commentator alike.